News and press mentions related to Southern speech research at UGA:
- September 2017. Pronounced Linguistics. Author: Eric Rangus. The University of Georgia Magazine, vol. 96, no. 4: 18-19.
- June 30, 2017. The southern drawl gets deconstructed. Author: Rachel Ehrenberg. News In Brief. Science News.
- December 4, 2016. Southern Language and Siri. Author: Victoria Regis Knight. Podcast. WUGA Feature Interviews. Athens, Georgia: WUGA.
- September 14, 2016. UGA professors transcribing interviews to map out, study regional dialects. Author: Mia Falcon. The Red and Black.
- August 29, 2016. UGA Project Aims To Catalogue Diversity Of Southern Accents. Creator: Molly Samuel. All Things Considered. Atlanta, Georgia: WABE.
- August 25, 2016. NSF linguistics grant to support study of Southern language variation | UGA Today. Author: Alan Flurry. Press Release. Athens, Georgia: University of Georgia.
- May 12, 2017. Shawn Foster named UGA's first Beinecke Scholar. Author: Stephanie Schupska. Press Release. Athens, Georgia: University of Georgia.
- December 16, 2012. Profesorii care predau Limba Romana la Oxford, cea mai buna universitate din Marea Britanie. 30 de studenti straini urmeaza cursul. Romania te iubesc, Pro TV. [A clip from Romanian TV in which I speak some Romanian and riff about the minimal pairs that crucially differentiate the vowels I study.]