Infinite Series Tests Handout (Thanks to Spencer for making this and sharing with the class!)
Office Hours: 11:10W,1:20-2:30F, and by appointment.
(I recommend double checking website before you visit in case of any last minute updates. This would be rare, but possible.)
Other class help.. Math Tutoring (with help for Math 2260):
- Academic Resource Center, Milledge Hall, tba
- Math Department Study Hall, Monday-Thursday from 5PM to 8PM in Boyd Room 204. For those of you unfamiliar with study hall, it is a department run drop in tutoring center.
Some interesting videos related to class topics:
- The slightly spooky Racamán sequence
- Doodling in Math: Spirals, Fibonacci, and Being a Plant, part 1 (see also parts 2 and 3)(about Fibonacci sequence)
- Fibonacci Mystery (about Fibonacci sequence)
- Doodling in Math Class: Infinity Elephants (about geometric series)
- Taylor series: what can go wrong (example of answer to Kevin's question at 4:04)
About Webwork Homework:
We'll use webwork. See http://www.math.uga.edu/2250hw for FAQ.
Our webwork course page is: https://webwork2.math.uga.edu/webwork2/Math2260_Rider_F19/
Your username is your myUGA id and your password is your 810 number.
Harry Dawg's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. This means his WebWork username is hdawg.
Harry Dawg's student ID number is 8101234560. This means that his WebWork password is 810123456.
Unless specified, you have an unlimited number of tries for each problem. The assignments are not timed, but will need to be completed before the due date. Each homework set can be converted into a .pdf file, and thus can then be printed. You do this by selecting the Homework Set, click "Download PDF or Tex Hardcopy for Current Set", then "Generate hardcopy.." at the bottom.
To use webwork off-campus, see VPN instructions
Webwork Due Dates: See webwork webpage!
Written homework, in-class quizzes, and participations: none yet
Exams: (60% total)
Final: Wednesday, Dec. 11, 12-3pm
Review for Final
Special Office Hours for Finals Week: Monday, Dec. 9, 10:30-11:30am and Tuesday, Dec. 10, 11am-12pm and 1-2pm.
If you have a final exam conflict or three exams scheduled within a 24 hour period, here's the protocall to get things rescheduled: