• Primošten
  • Katedrala sv. Jakova
  • Baška tablet
  • Dubrovnik
  • Brač

Placement, transfer credit, and study abroad

Placement for students with no previous university-level study

Students who have studied Russian at the high-school level or who have some prior knowledge of the language should contact me by e-mail about placement in the appropriate Russian course.

Students who have studied German at the high-school level or who have some prior knowledge of the language should take the placement test offered through Testing Services.

The Department of Germanic & Slavic Studies occasionally offers courses in other Slavic or Germanic languages and may be able to help you with questions about proficiency / placement. Please contact me to inquire about this.

Transfer credit

I evaluate transfer credit for LING, RUSS, and SLAV courses taken at other universities. If you have taken language courses at another college or university, they may not transfer in as direct equivalents for our beginning, intermediate, or advanced courses (often due to a mismatch in the number of credit hours). You may need to contact me (by e-mail or at 706.542.2448) about placement and to receive a prerequisite override in order to register for a course at the appropriate level.

Study abroad

UGA students who plan to study abroad on a non-UGA program or a UGA-sponsored exchange program (semester or academic year) and who would like to receive LING, RUSS, or SLAV credit need to fill out a transfer credit approval form from the Office of International Education and bring it to me for my signature. (For GRMN transfer credit, please see Dr. Inge DiBella.)